The Society for Information Management (SIM) is a not-for-profit organization of information technology experts, including CIO's, CTO's and emerging IT leaders, as well as key professionals within the IT community, such as academicians and consultants. SIM's mission is to support IT leaders in the greater Colorado area by increasing the knowledge base of members, giving back to local communities, increasing awareness on issues of importance to our local community, developing the next generation of effective IT leaders and establishing a forum to bring together IT professionals across industries.
SIM is a community of thought leaders who share experiences and rich intellectual capital that is applied, and who explore future IT direction. In partnership with its 30 chapters, SIM provides resources and programs inspired by IT leaders for IT leaders that enable CIOs to further develop the leadership capabilities of themselves and the key and emerging leaders in their organizations.
SIM provides the collective voice to advocate policy and legislation on behalf of the IT profession across industries.
Connecting nearly 3,000 of the world's premier IT leaders for business solution exchange, timely education and professional development, SIM members receive a number of tangible and intangible benefits.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Networking: Local chapter meetings, conferences, roundtables and seminars.
- Knowledge Sharing: Working Group deliverables, Advanced Practices Council (APC) research, bi-monthly Member eNewsletter, Webcasts and SIM's online community, simnet.org.
- Education: Access to the SIM Regional Leadership ForumTM, providing industry-specific training for future IT leaders.
- Advocacy: The collaborative "voice" of SIM on issues such as cyberspace security and software licensing.
- Industry Leadership: Access to peers who understand and manage similar challenges and issues.
Establishing SIM membership through the Colorado Chapter requires you to:
- Meet the qualification criteria
- Submit an application
- Pay the appropriate fee
Meet the qualification criteria for SIM membership.
- Practitioner: A senior-level IT professional in either a public or private sector organization meeting the following criteria:
- Functioning as the corporate/divisional head of a corporate or divisional IS organization.
- Functioning as a member of IS management staff supporting corporate or divisional IS heads in a key management role, as certified by the head of the organization.
- Academic: A full-time university or college faculty member making a significant contribution to the IS field.
- Consultant: Leaders at the partner/principal level who influence the direction of their own company or their clients' companies, and who directly contribute to the IT profession.
- Other Leader: A non-IT executive such as a vendor, recruiter, or leader from another profession who is a major IT thought leader or has a major role in matters impacting strategic IT direction.
Note: SIM adheres to a strict policy against marketing or commercial activity. Sales and marketing representatives are accepted to SIM with local chapter board approval only.
Submit an application for membership.
- Click on: www.simnet.org.
- Select "Membership"
- Select the Colorado Chapter.
- Or you can simply go to http://www.simnet.org/general/register_start.asp?MemberTypeCode=AppColorado
- All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application. If accepted, you will be contacted by SIM International with payment instructions.
Pay the appropriate fee.
- Annual dues include SIM Colorado Chapter dues, SIM International dues, and discounted admission to all Colorado Chapter meetings
- Individual Corporate Membership dues are $280 per year
- Individual Academic / Government / Not-for-Profit dues are $200 per year
- Memberships are for the calendar year.
- Upon approval of your membership application, SIM International will contact you with an invoice for your annual dues and payment options. Members can pay online with a credit card or via US mail with a check.
Take advantage of the local chapter and international member benefits as provided by SIM International (see www.simnet.org. ) with a secure login and password.